Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jim Shepard - 'The Evil Twin'

So, I have no idea what to start with when it comes to sharing music. I'm trying to put up stuff other people haven't yet, so nobody gets pissed at me for cramping their style or something.

That being said, there's a great (now defunct) blog that posted a huge amount of Jim Shepard's material. I've got it linked in the sidebar, but if you're stupid or something, go here.

Now, I don't know if he just never came across it, or what, but here's a release that's not anywhere on the Forever Lowman blog. It's a '96 cassette release called 'The Evil Twin,' and I like it a lot more than other Shepard solo releases from this period. It's more song-oriented, which is what I'm into. I do like the whole concept of a lo-fi collage (like 'Picking Through the Wreckage with a Stick') but I also wish Jim had spent a little more time writing fully-formed songs. Oh well, everything he's done is worth hearing. I've also got V-3's 'Pimping in the 90's' release, which isn't on the Lowman blog, but it's kinda just noisier versions of older songs...I dunno, I'm lazy but if someone wants to hear it, hit me up.

Jim Shepard - The Evil Twin, 1996

Tracklist:

1. Kike
2. Pain/Loss
3. Your Move, China Man
4. Shady Business Deal
5. Sick and Tired
6. Benelux-9
7. Theme from 'Doll House'
8. Break Down These Walls
9. Asteroid Ahead
10. Circles/Squares
11. Torn Down


...oh yeah, we still podcast Society's Fault weekly. Here's the link. If ya wanna hear new ones, go to the tab marked 'RSS Feeds.' I'm thinking about doing some more Obscuro mixtapes because the weirdness has just been building up in my music library. Maybe divided by genre. We'll see. Stay tuned.

No comments: