Friday, March 9, 2012

Back.


Okay, so, since apparently a bunch of people read this site still (judging by the comments I've received in the past few months...including a band I posted about who tracked me down..) I decided it might be a good idea to resume posting here.

Basically, I just had really slow internet for a while and couldn't post as many albums, but whatever. Since then, I've uncovered plenty of weird stuff, so time to start sharing again.

I don't think I'll be posting playlists for the two radio shows I do, because I don't care enough to start getting THAT involved again, but I'm going to try to put one, maybe two new albums up a week, and maybe a few new mixtapes as well.

ALSO: The two requested links below have been fixed:


ALSO ALSO: For those of you who read this/know me, you will know that I play in a band called Coma Nova. Well, after a year of dicking around, we've finished up a second full-length, and I'll probably make it available (or at least a few tracks) on thisayere site. Good stuff, right?

Enough blabbing, here's an album for ya:
I dunno how well-known these Rudimentary Peni fellas are, b
ut I've been listening to hardcore punk my whole life and just recently learned of them. Apparently fronted by a VERY crazy dude named Nick Blinko (who is also a terrific artist,) these guys went from a vegan/anarchist/mean punk band in the early 80's to a psychotic, idiosyncratic band known for doing concept albums about H.P. Lovecraft and popes. Weird weird weird stuff. 'Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric,' their third full-length release, and also probably the strangest. This is the aforementioned 'pope' concept album, and revolves around a loop of Blinko saying 'Popus Adrianus' which runs through the duration of the album. The first song, 'Pogo Pope,' is literally just him saying 'Pogo Pope' in different melodies. I like it a lot. Everything by these guys is worth checking out..so do.

Rudimentary Peni - Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric, 1995

Tracklist:

1. Pogo Pope
2. The Pope with No Name
3. Hadrianich Relique
4. Il Papus Puss
5. Muse Sick Sic
6. Vatican't City Hearse
7. I'm a Dream
8. We're Gonna Destroy Life the World Gets Higher and Higher
9. Pills, Popes and Potions
10. Ireland Sun
11. Regicide Chaz III
12. Iron Lung



1 comment:

Swazz Perkins said...

Hey the CBGayB's link is down again, anyway you could put that back up?